Are you looking for a quick craft you can personalize and make in an instant? Do you need a group craft for make-ahead holiday gifts or group, class & troop projects? Try eCrafty.com’s NEW no-glue, no wait (lead, nickel, chromium-free) metal key ring kit!
We have a finished Christmas theme photo charm sample shown above, and a collage art / scrapbook paper sample shown below in this post.
Our eCrafty.com 794Q-kit, shown below, comes with everything you need to make a metal key ring with a magnifying glass dome metal-backed personalized charm and, just for fun, an antique key charm (all components lead, nickel and chromium free). The stainless steel key ring includes a metal alloy lobster clasp (to clip to anything) and the lead, nickel, cadmium-free metal photo charm attaches to the swivel so the best side is always facing out! Includes simple instructions and our peel n stick clear double sided jewelry adhesive, 800P.
Perfect for any craft level and very quick to make! Makes an easy, near perfect and affordable handmade gift for anyone on your list!
All components of our kit lead-,nickel- and chromium free.
The key ring is stainless steel, the oversized lobster clasp is silver plated brass (free of harmful metals) The round metal charm base is also metal alloy – free of harmful metal additives.
If you’re a frequent crafter, use our short version DIY. If you prefer detailed instructions, skip down to our expanded version below!
DIY Quick Custom Glass Dome Key Rings Recipe from eCrafty.com ~ Short Version
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Stick your art to the glass (adhesive included)
- Attach art glass to charm base (adhesive included)
- Attach charms to ring and toggle (jump ring included)
DIY Quick Custom Glass Dome Key Rings EXPANDED Recipe from eCrafty.com – Expanded Version
1. Attach Art to Glass
Choose your art – 25mm, approx 1” No need to trim it yet.
- Cut two pieces approximately 1” square of the 800P double sided adhesive
- Peel one side of the protective backing off one of the pieces of the 800P and stick it smoothly to the flat back of the glass cabachon.
- Peel the other side of the protective backing off the 800P and stick the glass cabachon onto your art. Press art firmly to glass.
- Now peel the protective backing off only one side of the next piece of 800P and stick it to the back side of the art on the glass. Leave the other side of the protective backing in place.
Attach Art Glass to Charm Base
- Trim all the layers of adhesive and art to fit the back of the glass cabachon.
- Peel off the remaining protective backing and stick the art and glass into the charm base. Press firmly.
- Attach the finished art charm to the swivel using the jump ring. Slide the antique key onto the key ring.
- You are done!
Included in our eCrafty Glass Dome Keychain 794Q kit:
- 1 Key Ring with Swivel Toggle and Lobster Clasp, SKU 794Q
- 1 20mm (3/4″) Charm Base, SKU 1235
- 1 20mm (3/4″) Glass Cabachon, SKU 305A
- 1 Split Ring Jump Ring, 806M
- 2 square inches Double-sided Adhesive, SKU 800P
- 1 Antique Key Charm
You add the art! (your photo, scrap paper, memento, drawing or use your child’s art, scanned, reduced or cropped to approx. 1″).
About the Designer: Anne Strasser
Meet Anne! She is the ultimate multi-tasker. She does all kinds of things for us at eCrafty.com. Writing. Creating. Blogging. Gluing things to things. More creating. Packing. Taking care of our wonderful customers, of course! When she’s not here, she’s out and about writing, creating, gluing things to things, blogging, gardening, making websites and taking care of her family.
Retail Me Not and Web Savings Coupon codes for OCTOBER 2014: