materials you will need
- 626.14 Porcelain Beads Twisted Oval 16x9mm 15″ strand
- 413f Glass Beads $1 Sampler Lustre Mix 4mm Peacock Blue 25g
- 1299F Sea Glass Beads Round 10mm 1/3″ Seafoam White 30pc DIY Jewelry Making
- 446o Glass Pearls Lustre Beads 4mm 30″ 2 1/2 Feet Black
- 1504R – bali beads or 1155 Bali Style Metal Beads Deluxe Spacer Mix 100pc Ant Silver
- 764b Tiger Tail Beading Wire Silver .45mm 10 Meters 32 Feet DIY Jewelry Crafts
- 1606Q 250 Crimp Beads Tubes 1.5mm Outer 0.8mm Innner Silver Plated Brass DIY Jewelry
- 1507K 5 Bali Style Toggle Clasps Petal 18mm Ant Silver 5 SETS, 5 Pairs, DIY Jewelry
How to Make It
Cut three pieces of tiger tail; one the length of the finished necklace plus extra (about 5 inches) to work with, and two shorter ones for the twisted strands plus extra.
String your main beads and crimp beads in the center of the long piece of tiger tail. Here Anne used our Porcelain Twisted Ovals. You need a crimp bead on each end of the long strand for each strand of twisted beads. Here Anne used two twisted strands so there are two crimp beads on either side of the last bead on each end of the long strand.
String your other beads on the shorter lengths of tiger tail. Leaving empty tiger tail on either end.
Insert one end of one of the shorter strands of beads into a crimp bead on the longest string and crimp. Repeat, at the same end of the main strand, for the other short strand.
Snug the beads on all strands against the crimped beads and twist the shorter strands around the long strands to get the look you want. While they are twisted repeat the crimping process to attach these ends of the twisted strands to the main strand.
Slip a large holed bead over the crimp beads on either end of the strung beads. Anne used our 1504R bali beads. Our bali bead caps would also work.
String beach glass on tiger tail to complete necklace length and attach toggle as shown below.
Enjoy your beautiful new necklace!
All supplies mentioned below can be found at www.eCrafty.com.
Supplies with clickable links from eCrafty.com
Meet Anne! The Queen of Glue, she is the ultimate multi-tasker. She does all kinds of things for us at eCrafty.com. Writing. Creating. Blogging. Gluing things to things. More creating. Packing. Taking care of our wonderful customers, of course! When she’s not here, she’s out and about writing, creating, gluing things to things, blogging, gardening, making websites and taking care of her family.