Cheryl was inspired by sandy taupe #seaglass and #crystalbeads from #eCrafty.com to make this long rope length #necklace that will convert to a #choker in an instant. eCrafty.com carries a wonderful selection of #seaglassbeads in lots of colors and sizes. #crafts #beads #diy #etsy #handmade #diynecklace #jewerlytutorial #beading #ecrafty #dollarsale #dollarbeads #99centsale To see how Cheryl made this necklace, along with color variations and a clickable supplies list, keep reading below!
eCrafty.com stocks a wide range of sea glass bead colors – you can use this same necklace design, swap out the colors, and make these variations:
How to make it:
- Start by making individual beaded links using two sizes of sea glass beads plus two colors of crystal faceted rondelle beads and some rondelle bright silver metal beads.
- Link them together to form a long beaded chain over 35 inches long.
- Make a center focal point by attaching beaded dangles with jump rings from the round part of the toggle clasp.
- Fasten the bar part of the toggle clasp at the center back of the necklace.
You can wear this creation as a long rope necklace. Or you can simply hook the bar into the round toggle for a instant choker necklace. The same idea as wearing a long strand of roped pearls in multiple lengths.
DIY Sandy Taupe Linked Rope Necklace Recipe, Supplies from eCrafty.com
- SKU 1299D Sandy Tan Sea Glass Beads 10mm 1/3″ 40pc
- SKU 1298D Sandy Tan Sea Glass Beads 6mm
- SKU 1504Z Bright Silver Rondelle Knot Beads 10×4.5mm Silver Pewter Metal 10pc
- SKU 1555E-100PACK 100 Eye Pins 0.6mmx35mm Bright Silver Plated Brass 100pc
- SKU 525A Paddle Style Headpins
- SKU 1507G Bali Style Toggle Clasps
- Assorted crystal rondelle or bicone beads
- A few jump rings, silver, 5 or 6mm
You might also consider our aqua other colors of sea glass beads to make a different color set:
About the Designer: Cheryl Satterlee