Make some modern art to wear! Anne made this Mondrian and stained glass inspired necklace by filling one of our 1″ square tray pendants with black polymer clay and then embedding brightly colored shell beads into the clay, using one of our bali swirl beads as the focal point. This is a fun and easy project for any level of crafter, with sophisticated results!
DIY Modern Art Mosaic Shell Pendant Necklace Recipe from eCrafty.com
To make it:
- Fill a 1″ square pendant base with polymer clay slightly lower than the lip of the pendant base. (Anne used Fimo brand.)
- Push the shell beads and bali swirl bead into the clay until well seated.
- Clean off any excess clay and smooth what remains.
- Bake the pendant according to clay directions.
- Add a chain or cord and wear!
eCrafty.com Supply list with clickable product links:
- SKU 1504R Bali Swirl Beads
- SKU 1000H Shell Beads
- SKU 1240G, 1240E, 1″ Square Pendant Base (or similar)
- SKU 1240U Ball Chain (or similar)
Meet Anne! The Queen of Glue, she is the ultimate multi-tasker. She does all kinds of things for us at eCrafty.com. Writing. Creating. Blogging. Gluing things to things. More creating. Packing. Taking care of our wonderful customers, of course! When she’s not here, she’s out and about writing, creating, gluing things to things, blogging, gardening, making websites and taking care of her family.
Special savings codes:
20% off everything in your eCrafty.com cart with March 2015 code MAR2015 or our April 2015 code APR2015.
50% off everything in your cart for orders over $200! with checkout code HALF2015 at eCrafty.com
Thanks always, happy creating from all the busy crafters at eCrafty.com!