Recently, Kim used our new resin rhinestone sparkle beads to get started on some very fun, festive holiday jewelry. Once you start, it is hard to stop! These are easy to make and really fun to wear! See our recipe and samples below!
Our new little resin rhinestone beads come in over 20 colors – These little gems are deceptively fun, light weight, and perfect for making festive jewelry. See all of our new colors here!
DIY Holiday Sparkle Earrings Recipe from eCrafty.com Design by Kim Noland
- SKU 1251 Resin Rhinestone Beads 10pc (many color choices – including AB finishes)
- SKU 1606D Silver Plated Brass Paddle Headpins 40pc
- SKU 606C 4mm Crystal Rondelle Beads Mix 100pc
- Silver Plated Brass Ear Wires 100pc or 10pc
How to make them:
- Make the headpin dangle: Thread 1 spacer bead, 1 resin sparkle rhinestone bead, then another spacer bead onto the headpin.
- Form a wrapped loop at the top: With your round nosed pliers, form a wrapped loop at the top. With a little practice, this becomes second nature!
- Attach finished dangle to the ear wire: Open the bottom loop of your ear wire sideways, attach your beaded looped headpin, and then close the bottom of your ear wire again to complete.
Design resources: Here’s two easy beginner wire wrapped loop videos if you are new to making wrapped loops.
- Jewelry Tutorial HQs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DYhpC8f0Us or
- Alexis Rossi’s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXUVUVLF6fk
We are just getting started on the possibilities, color themes and occasions!
Kim made the “Frozen” inspired earrings below with with eCrafty.com’s 1251U Clear AB Sparkle Resin Rhinestone beads and a few 1303M-1 Sea Foam White Sea Glass Spacers. All beads and findings from eCrafty.com
Once you get started, it is hard to stop. These little dazzlers are perfect for lightweight holiday jewelry.
About the author & designer, Kim:
This is Kim. She is the owner of eCrafty.com. This is a terrible selfie – but, since she doesn’t take selfies, we just have to go with it. With some of her girlfriends on a good beach day. If you can’t locate her, it’s probably because her labrador Blanche needs another Frisbee tossed to her right NOW. Just like her lab, she has a short attention span. She loves dabbling in just about anything that involves art or jewelry supplies. Writing. Creating. Blogging. Website making. Sourcing. Armchair Traveling.