We are in awe of Cheryl’s unstoppable holiday spirit! Look what she whipped with her old CDs, spray paint, beads from eCrafty.com and ribbon scraps.
These are SO cute and festive! They’re a cross between a flattened ornament and a beaded snowflake – so cute, great project to make with kids or groups.
Full recipe and many photos below! Happy creating from all of us at eCrafty.com!
As a special thanks for visiting us at eCrafty.com this month, save 20% off everything in your eCrafty.com cart with promo coupon code NOV2013. Enter in your coupon box at bottom of your cart page before you proceed to checkout for 20% off everything! Have FUN ~ hope to “see” you soon at eCrafty.com!
DIY Upcycled CD Ornaments ~ Christmas Craft Recipe from eCrafty.com Design by Cheryl Satterlee
Supplies from eCrafty.com and your household items
- Used CDs
- Spray Paint – Cheryl used Krylon Metalic Copper paint
- SKU 1692A & C Crystal Faceted Clear Glass Beads or
- 606A Crystal Faceted Rondelle Bead Mix or SKU 1180z Crystal Rainbow Mix,
- SKU 910-02 thru 910-63 Crystal Faceted Rondelles
- SKU 1200R-2PACK-SG Seed Beads
- Assorted Beads (8mm and under is best) such as eCrafty.com’s Jewelry Makers Bead Mixes,
- SKU 1219 Cane Glass Rainbow Mix, , SKU 442 Pearl Mixes,
- SKU 1220 Glass Beads Faceted and Smooth Mix,
- SKU 1370H Confetti Glass Bead Mix
- 28 gauge wire
- Nail (large enough to make a 1/8 inch hole in CD)
- Flat Nose Pliers
Upcycled CD Ornaments Instructions from eCrafty.com
- Holding your nail with the pliers, heat with lighter and make a hole in CD close to the edge.
- Let cool.
- Hang CD from wire while spray painting.
- Spray paint your CD. Several light coats are best. Use continuous motion. Follow directions on spray paint can.
- Let dry fully.
- Start by securing one end of the wire in the hole. Then add beads. String the beads on one side of the CD only. Smaller beads (1/6″, 1/4″, 1’2″) or between 4mm and 12mm work well.
- Wrap wire and beads around the CD. 12-13 rows look nice.
- Twist the end of the wire on the back side to secure.
- Hang with ribbon.
Thanks always, best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday time. From all the busy elves at eCrafty.com!