20% crafts coupon, 20% savings coupon, diy beaded rain chains, diy beaded suncatchers, diy copper pipe crafts, diy garden crafts, diy hardware store crafts, diy rainchains, diy suncatchers, diys from eCrafty.com, garden crafts, outdoor crafts, save 20% on crafts, summer crafts, upcycled copper pipe
Here are three fun projects our friend and co-worker Cheryl just made for the long breezy days of summer. (We have to laugh because it’s been gorgeous up until….yesterday, at which point our coastal fog and drizzle returned!) Well, at least we had sun for the summer solstice! Even more reason to get this sunny post done!
First off, Cheryl created a colorful wind chime/sun catcher with our Handblown Glass Pendants SKU 202B and a 6″ section of copper pipe.
- She used 1 inch copper pipe from the hardware store.
- With the help of her husband, she cut the pipe into a six inch section and drilled four sets of holes through the pipe.
- Using 22 gauge copper wire, Cheryl strung the wire through the holes and hung our 202B glass pendants from the copper pipe.
- She used monofillament to thread through the pipe to hang it in the window. You could also use monofillament to hang the glass pendants from the pipe.
Using fishing line, she strung as follows:
- Our SKU 433.19 ice crystal pendant,
- then a metal bead cap SKU 1153,
- then a rainbow of round crystal beads SKU 606A
- followed by another SKU 1153 bead cap.
She threaded the whole string of beads through the copper pipe. The top bead cap will give a nice musical sound to your wind chime.
A couple of holes drilled at the top of the pipe provide a way to hang your creation.
Another idea, shown below, is to make sun catchers with the innards – no pipe – just string 413.13 sparkling crystal pendants (or any other of our faceted drops), our 1153 Bali bead caps mix and our 606A rondelle crystal beads onto monofillament or copper wire.
Whatever you choose, we hope you have a sparkling Summer! Save 20% on every order ~ subscribe to eCrafty.com Member News and Savings e-newsletter here!
Here are a few more pictures from Cheryl’s copper pipe and beading adventure!
eCrafty.com offers flat rate shipping for US orders ~ $5.00 for 1 or 100 items.
We offer several discounts based on order size, and we also offer 20% discounts every day – on any size order – for our eNews subscribers.